The parts of the TIC TAC TOE PLAYER recipe are as follows:
1) Recipe – guided line-by-line translation, to teach core concepts. For TIC TAC TOE PLAYER, you are building on what the kids learned in all of the previous event-handling recipes In this recipe we work on mastering the idea of event handling and we introduce the idea of exception handling via the game board instantiation. The core recipe is at ZNV196. The cheat sheet for the core recipe is VTC563. Below is the teacher video for the core recipe.
2) Variation – instructor – led verbal refactoring and modifications to add concepts to the solution. You can have the kids code different types of players, i.e. ‘start in the first available square’, or ‘start in the middle if free’, etc… as this is a simple type of AI introduction.
3) Recap – presented by the instructors, re-do the recipe to reinforce core concepts. You’ll want to particularly emphasize common mistakes with the exception handling and events syntax.
4) Quiz – facilitated–pairs reach 100% mastery by working together. Remember to do a recap, instructors repeating the recipe BEFORE you get the kids started with the quiz. There is no quiz for this recipe at this time.
5) Homework – There is no homework for this recipe at this time.
6) Xtras – There are no Xtras at this time
We are really excited about the growth of TKP. We welcome feedback on the how we can make these videos better for you as TKP teachers.