The parts of the BUBBLE recipe are as follows:
1) Recipe – guided line-by-line translation, to teach core concepts. For BUBBLE, you are building on what the kids learned in all of the previous drawing recipe, assuming that you have just taught your students ‘CONNECT THE DOTS’. In this recipe we work on mastering events and arrays (in the variation). Also we include use of the ShapeMaker API. The BUBBLE recipe is at LGK157. The cheat sheet for the core recipe is LDH867. Below is the teacher video for the core recipe.
2) Variation – instructor – led verbal refactoring and modifications to add concepts to the solution. In this variation we introduce the concept of an array (or map) of bubbles. We also alter the shape, colors and opacity of the bubble wand (or array of bubbles. The variation recipe is found at bubbles-0, the cheat sheet for the variation is at TFC068
3) Recap – presented by the instructors, re-do the recipe to reinforce core concepts. You’ll want to particularly emphasize common mistakes with array and event syntax.
4) Quiz – facilitated–pairs reach 100% mastery by working together. Remember to do a recap, instructors repeating the recipe BEFORE you get the kids started with the quiz. The quiz will be found at JDS972-0. If some of the pairs finish early, let the pairs who are done work on making the variation more creative by interval of the events, size of bubbles, number of bubbles, etc…
5) Homework – There is no homework for this recipe at this time.
6) Xtras – There are no Xtras at this time
We are really excited about the growth of TKP. We welcome feedback on the how we can make these videos better for you as TKP teachers.